All-Terrain Lawn Mower Association
October 23, 2017, 02:38:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you have any questions, concerns, suggestions  - PM someone on the administration team.

Home   Help Search Calendar Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from Sheridan, Arkansas!  (Read 7321 times)
mowerstompin
Newbie!

e-Rep: 0

View Profile
« on: May 15, 2012, 09:17:33 AM »

Names Cody and I'd like to thank you all for letting me join this here forum. I have a racing mower and a offroad mower, both which are still not done haha. My racer needs tires and wheels, and my offroader I need to get my welder (welders at the new house I'm about to move into) so I can finish my front end on the murray widebody. It's a work in progress and I'm going to try to fit the 18hp opposed twin in there somehow haha, might have to use a different hood (got one of those big ones off the old diehard craftsman). If not I'ma use the stock murray hood somehow and cut it for the engine to fit. Going to reinforce different parts on it so they do break or something when offroading.

Anywas, I thought I'd say Hi, and to let you guys now what I'm doing. If anyones in Arkansas let me know! Need to go rompin!
Report to moderator   Logged
Chris
Administrator

e-Rep: 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 09:38:53 AM »

Welcome to the forum!
I had a briggs opposed on both my Wizard and the Toro, I love those engines.

mowerstompin
Newbie!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 09:51:09 AM »

Yea this one runs alright, I had another 12.5 which are beast but I took it apart experimenting and learning haha. So now I'm down to one 12.5 and that opposed that run and the 12.5 is going on my racers for Imow. Can't wait to get moved so I can start working again haha, I'm doing what I can here.

Anyways, I'll try and see about getting some pictures up soon.
Cheers, Cody
Chris
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 09:57:27 AM »

I've ran a few engines on my setups, and every time the torque from a twin engine is superior to that of a single. Mind you none of my engines have modifications done to them other than governor removal.

mowerstompin
Newbie!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 01:41:10 PM »

Yea my singles modded a bit, once i get it going and some more spare cash, it's going to be built. Like billet flywheel, arc rod, etc, but right now it just has an exhaust, velocity stack, and k&n airfilter. Also have an oil catch for when I ungovern it the oil doesn't blow out the valve box and get all over the place, but instead draining down into the catch to reuse it. Them opposed have intense bottom end torque over the vtwins, big difference. I'm just thinking the opposed on the offroad mower would be much more fun then most other engines.

This is offroad mower place though haha, so I'll keep my racing stuff to a minimum . I thought this one post was recent but theres so many up top or that say new that are years old haha.
Posted on: May 15, 2012, 10:12:15 AM
Seems like theres not to many people on here now =/ atleast not to many post in 2012, whats up?
mowerstompin
Newbie!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 07:27:58 PM »

Wheres everyone chris :P
Chris
Administrator

View Profile WWW