All-Terrain Lawn Mower Association
January 17, 2018, 06:17:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you have any questions, concerns, suggestions  - PM someone on the administration team.

Home   Help Search Calendar Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: 1966 Mustang restoration  (Read 3789 times)
NikoBellic
Newbie!

e-Rep: 0

View Profile
« on: December 28, 2010, 05:47:10 PM »

Hey guys as most of you know I started building a briggs powered powerwheels almost 2 years ago. Lately I have been working on my Mustang instead and haven't messed with the pw much. I did manage to get the motor started and tested out the clutch setup which threw the belt almost immediately.  Here are a few pics of the Mustang which needs a lot of TLC to get road worthy again. Future plans include a fuel injected 302 and modified AOD transmission. The rest of the pics are here http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e262/savagenoob/Mustang%20restoration/ Next on the list is right and left floorpans, both quarter panels, front disc brakes, and rebuilding the suspension.

Oh and sorry for the photobucket album, the uploader has a 20mb limit and I could only load 7 pics into it.
Report to moderator   Logged
Chris
Administrator

e-Rep: 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 06:36:42 AM »

Ouch, rust. I hate rust. Really hate rust.
The heater cowl doesn't have any drains for the water?

(I wasn't aware the uploader had a 20MB limit. I'll have to look into that)

NikoBellic
Newbie!

e-Rep: 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 08:45:47 PM »

They have drains but most of the time they get clogged with leaves plus Ford didn't paint inside of the cowls so they rust out pretty quickly. Then you get water leaks that rust out the floors. Pretty common with early Mustangs.
Chris
Administrator

e-Rep: 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 06:07:11 AM »

That stinks. I have a similar problem with my box truck, for some reason the heater core connection leaks inside the engine bay, and it makes it's way into the cab of the truck. The floors rotted out in a matter of months! I have yet to fix them though :(

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: