All-Terrain Lawn Mower Association
January 20, 2018, 08:17:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the All-Terrain Lawnmower Association forum!

Home   Help Search Calendar Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Transmission question  (Read 2156 times)
MowerModder
Newbie!

e-Rep: 0

View Profile
« on: January 20, 2010, 06:28:31 PM »

I've come across a great source of tractor parts near my house.  There are at least a dozen transaxles laying around.  Some of them on the machines, some of them sitting on the ground.  The guy wants $50 each.  Wheels and tires included.  I think that's a damn fine deal. 

Anyway,  I have a bunch to choose from.  One in particular caught my eye.  It's a Peerless MST 206 502A.  I know nothing about the MST models.  Are they any good?  Are they similar to other Peerless models? 

I've also got a line on a peerless 600 as well. 

In general, what seems to be the preferred/most popular tranny for All Terrain Mowers?

MM
Report to moderator   Logged

MM
mowerstompin
Newbie!

e-Rep: 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 10:04:16 AM »

Peerless all day. Almost anything peerless is worth getting over a spicer/foote. I've got a peerless 700 tranny which run to my live axle on my racer and they are some beastly dudes. I believe I've read over at the racing forum that the peerless model 200s like you found are great transaxles, and if they hold up racing I'd imagine they will offroading too. The 206 (6 speed) and the 205 (5 speed) both would hold up way better then any other brand tranny. This also goes for the 600 as well, it's an amazing transaxle as well.

If you can get them for $50 each, Go for it.. I would! I'm stuck with the old spicer 2000 series which tends to give to many problems lol. Alot of people are stuck with spicers/foote's since they come more common in your grasscutter, and have to use them but if you ever run across a peerless, snatch it up and run that bad boy.

Cheers! Cody

(WOW, Didn't realize this post was so old, but maybe it'll be good referance to someone thats wondering)
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: